8.09.2008

My Readers Keep Me Writing

I have several devoted readers who write to me on a regular basis...and they really do keep me motivated to keep telling stories. I treasure my readers...I am thankful for every single one of them...the ones who write me and the ones who don't write to me. Every once in a while, someone pokes their head in...by email or by comment...just to let me know they exist...and every once in awhile one of them leaves me choked up.

A comment left last night was one of the latter and I am reprinting it here (without her permission to bring it from the shadows only because I don't have an email to contact her...but if she asks me to remove it I will)...

"I fell in love with Lord Fyre in Sacred Secrets. The scene where he grabs Kitten by the throat and pulled her from the pantry where she was hiding to make a phone call gave me chills. At the time I read it I thought, wow, what wasted potential. This man should be the lead character. For me, even though he only had a few descriptive sentences though the entire story and a couple dozen lines of dialogue, he stole the show.

Now, he has his own book? An entire book? I'm giddy with anticipation and over the weekend, I am rereading both Sacred Secrets and Sacred Revelations.

If I had a single wish, it would be to have this series in print so that I could put it with my collection of other favorite writers on my bookshelf because as far as I'm concerned you really do deserve equal billing with my other favorite series writers, including Laurell K Hamilton, Diana Gabaldon, and Kim Harrison.

Good Luck to you and your career Roxy Harte and I hope the projects you started on 8-8-8 take you to stardom."
-S.M.

And a comment left at LSB's Forum made me smile...
"Please, Please, Please let me know when u have a date. I was so desperate for my Kitten, Lord Fyre, & Lord Ice fix I had to re-read the frist 2 books for the 3rd time."
-J

Wow. What else can I say, except...You don't have much longer to wait...Y, Rosemary, Sandra, Hookah Girl., and Janell...because Monday is Unholy Promises Day!

No comments: