4.28.2009

I Never Thought I'd Say...

It's supposed to rain the next few days and I'm thrilled.
Bright sunny days are great for my soul but very very bad for my writing goals.
So, I've been very, very bad and haven't written in three days...

Cloudy, rainy...today will be much, much better.

I'm trudging through the paranormal...not because the ideas aren't working or because the plot is weak, but rather because I find myself questioning every single word in an attempt to build suspense.

It was making me a little crabby so I've pulled an erotica WIP off the backburner and am revising it with a strong-handed review from Xandra to take it to a different level. Women's Fiction...with bdsm elements. I think this one is probably the best thing I've ever written and am trying to figure out where it needs to go...

I may ask an agent to find me a home for it...
That's assuming I can get an agent. I've never tried very hard. I sent some stuff to a long time agent who was in the process of looking it over when her own life angst dropped her off the face of the map...and I haven't tried anyone else.

I got my first rejection letter for the year, which sucks btw, but I'm not taking it personally. One thing I've learned over the last few years is that every house has its own style. If you can figure out their formula and get it down cold, you become a goldmine to them. I made the mistake of sending something out of formula which means I only need to send it to a house that appreciates a little emotion and life angst from secondary characters along with their main character sex scenes. So, not to worry, I have a perfect erotic romance coming right up to send to that particular house...yay me, at least I'm a well-rounded writer.

I queried a different house and editor last night and she wants me to send a BDSM Menage WIP I've been working on to her...so this morning feels like a very yin-yang morning...

And I am up to my eyeballs with three different projects going at the same time this morning.

Welcome to a writers life...

No comments: