4.29.2009

Gray Outside, Sunny Inside


Ever wake up just feeling insanely optimistic? You know, a song in your heart, a smile on your face...even though its seven am, raining, and you only had four hours sleep? Yeah, I'm not usually that girl...but this morning...I don't know, I just feel invincible. And the rejection letter may have played a small part because all day yesterday I dwelled on what I want from my writing career...

Last night, I wrote out The Plan.
This morning, I am off and running...

Here's how the rest of 2009 should go if my writing stays on track:

DEAD GIRL:
The paranormal WIP, now has a working title: Dead Girl. The paranormal venture is going to have three books total and I plan to get out and hussle them the old fashioned way...find an agent, find a publisher...hopefully it won't take a decade, but ya know, I've got nothing but time. The other two stories in the series will be titled: BIG BAD and MOMMA GOOD. This series is going to be my driving focus for the rest of this year. (80K each)

PRODIGAL SLAVE:
In between paranormal drafts I've gotta get WIP Prodigal Slave finished and out the door...it's still at 42K, I'm shooting for 55k...Xandra, after last night's read advised 100k, calling it a Big Book. I'm still feeling 55K, maybe 60, 80 tops, but we'll see. I already sent out a query promising ASAP so I really gotta move on this one. (bdsm, erotica)

VOW OF SILENCE:
The secondary character from The Chronicles of Surrender, George aka Dr. Psycho, has his own story to tell and turns out it is a prequel to the series...so I hope to get it finished this year. Right now it is roughly at 20%. Still deciding where to send it though...I have my fingers crossed for a particular house and have already queried an editor who wants to see it. (80K, bdsm, erotica)

ECHO OF REDEMPTION:
Yes, the fourth book of the Chronicles of Surrender is back in my thoughts and I'll be taking notes the rest of the year with it being a main focus by December. (80-90K, bdsm, erotica)

So, fewer small books...ie REAPER, VOYEUR, EDGE...but still room for one or two if I am so inspired...

Still have the big book LOVERS on a back burner, but sadly that baby is going to have to wait until 2010. I mean, all totalled, I'm looking at writing 400K just on what's listed...I know, divided by 8 months, roughly 50K per month, lofty goal, but I needed to start somewhere.

No comments: