8.04.2008

Not Writing...

Every once in a while my brain takes a creativity hiatus...leaving me with a blank page...I don't like it...as a matter of fact it sucks a lot.

I think most writers deal with writer's block. After all it's in the dictionary...
Main Entry: writer's block
Function: noun
: a psychological inhibition preventing a writer from proceeding with a piece

hmmm...not just a vacation but a psychological inhibition?
yikes...
I am officially the most uninhibited person I know, so I'm not buying it.

The psych part...maybe.
I am under a little stress. Hubby is on a business trip and will be away A LONG TIME.
Officially 12 nights ... home one night ...gone another 12 nights ...home one night ... gone...a week? Not sure...it seems like a ridiculously long time that ends up taking most of August, September...and some of October...before he is home for any real amount of time. A week. Because he took vacation to make sure that he would be home for the anniversary of our first date and Samhain.

Sigh.

A little more stress...
Friday night our main car...yep, the dependable one...blew a head gasket. Oh joy.
Which means the second car...prone to flat tires and unexplainable other irritations is now the main car and so Beautiful Girl and I are sharing it...between her schedule and my schedule it is working...or is going to work...because it has to at least through August, maybe into September. I hate our dependency on cars for travel...I mean, we all have bikes but for most of our travel...it just isn't feasible to ride a bike. For instance, I could go to the grocery and pharmacy without too much trouble because both are less than five miles away. But for Beautiful Girl to get to work...treacherous roads and 14mi one way...not going to happen.

And a little more stress...
I have the grandbabies for the next two weeks and their attention span is shorter than mine. Now that's scary. I'm blogging now while the two year old naps and the four year old is entertained with my bird call book that actually has the recordings for each bird. Her favorite one is the red tail hawk and she is currently driving the neighborhood hawk insane by playing the call over, and over, and over....and before anyone yells at me for allowing the four year old to taunt a bird...I promise to make her quit as soon as I type the last word of this blog. Her least favorite s the loon. She covers her ears because it is scary. I agree. If I was camping and didn't know the sound was a loon I would take cover. It sounds like a really irritated ghost...or maybe a banshee...

Just a wee bit more stress...
The brother I hadn't seen for years until a few weeks ago when I learned he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer had his first surgery Friday...he's home and managed to email me...a huge relief. So he is now the owner of a feeding tube and a refuge removal tube. The bigger of the two surgeries is the 19th and will remove his larynx, part of his tongue and soft palate and lower jaw. My heart sinks every time I think about the time we've missed out on by being mostly estranged for 30 years. He really is a cool guy...

Oh hell...a little more stress...
The sister I haven't seen as often as my brother left a message on my voice mail. It said she loves me. Okay. I love her too. I think that's a requirement of siblings. She said she's had issues...I take that as the acceptable excuse for not maintaining a relationship all of these years. Whatever. I have issues. Everyone has issues.

I didn't really count this one as stress because I LOVE WRITING...but it is on my mind that my brain and fingers better start coordinating their day soon...I have at least 3 editors all expecting something that I've promised them...in a reasonable amount of time...so I hope enlightened or at least entertaining prose starts spewing soon...

So, I'm not writing.
My brain refuses to process any thought greater than what's for lunch...

No comments: