8.03.2008

Gas Prices Dropped

I never thought I'd see the day when I would blog about the price of gas...but gas dropped 70 cents a gallon and that seemed pretty freakin' spectacular...

So, how has the price of gas affected your ROMANCE?

For me, it has meant no more romantic drives in the country...and our hikes have been forced to the few trails that aren't a long drive away...and of course the most romantic (read isolated) trails are more than an hour drive a way...

I miss the days when gas was $1.25...and well, $2.50 didn't last long enough to even blink an eye at, let alone get excited over...$3.49 that's when the gas price really started to change the way we do things...and that's exactly what it was priced tonight when I filled up. I hope it isn't a fluke because $4.19 was totally unacceptable and if it goes higher than that, I'm becoming a recluse.

Hugs and Kisses and a wonderful week to you wish...

1 comment:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

A lot of habits that no one even considered before are going to change, and a lot quicker than any Green Eco Warrior could have hoped for...

I love the picture from the previous post, by the way.