7.16.2008

What A Long Day...


It doesn't help I'm sure that I spent a large portion of the night awake and writing. I'm beat...I actually have a Pepsi Max in one hand and a Rum and fruit juice in the other...I'm hoping between the Caffeine and the Rum and the fruit juice...my synapses start firing again...

I think I fell asleep at 4am and threatened the puppies life at 8:30am when she woke me up...but I was a good sport and trotted her little yapping butt outside to pee...

Then it was such a beautiful sunny day I thought, Why waste it sleeping?

So I piddled in the garden, surfed the net, arranged for midnight movie tickets for Dark knight tomorrow night for Moi, Sir Hotness and Beautiful Girl...watched Sir Hotness pour beeswax candles...talked on the phone to oldest daughter...

Then I had no more excuses and it was back to the keyboard by 10:30am. I won't say it was an overly productive day...I will say that I love my Loose-Id editor because he is amazing...he sends me email that makes me use my brain and I admit, I needed a dictionary for an exact meaning on a word I thought I knew the definition of but it's always nice to have the Wikipedia second opinion. The other reason is that my stories always turn out stronger after I listen to his insight...

My brain is currently swimming over the possibilities alluded to by his suggestion to add a sordid All Hallows bacchanalia. I was going for a BDSM play party in a barn and a sex maze in the cornfield...but hey...there's got to be something more exciting than that if it's going to be a bacchanalia...maybe a corn maze orgy...or sex tag...Woot..."tag, you're it!"...thrust, thrust, thrust...whew...now that would be a game worth writing about.

Yes, I'm exhausted and slap happy...

So I ended up deleting faster than I rewrote as I tweaked my conflicts...and decided to add that dang bacchanalia...

I'm still hoping to hit 35K before I fall asleep but we'll see...I'm not holding my breath on this one and as a just in case i rearranged my weekend a bit in case I end up needing writing time...because I will have this ready to submit by the end of next week. Which means the rough draft has to be done by Sunday night...oy vey...it was at 13K when I woke up the morning day before yesterday...so really I'm doing okay. About 8K per day...I was shooting for 10K each day...but I figured I erased 4K...so I'm not down on myself at all.

Right now I'm watching Sir Hotness home brew beer. I walked the dog and came back to a house that smelled of green beans simmering (hops), coffee brewing (dark malt), and biscuits and honey (I think that scent was actually the chocolate malt and 5# of honey)...needless to say my rumbling belly was disappointed that it was beer and not dinner...

GTG because I actually get to hold the strainer while he pours the boiling wort into the carboy...yay...a job for me:) And then I get to watch the rolling fermentation in between spurts of writing jags the next couple weeks. That actually is entertaining...

**edited by author
Mmmm, sample taste of the home brew is amazing considering it has months to ferment before it is beer, but the honey really brought out the chocolate malt characteristic. So it is going to be a really dark, dark beer...but not as heavy as say a Guiness.
If you want the recipe...email me...

No comments: