5.08.2008

This is a Test, This is Only A Test...

okay, so normally I go to my crit partner first...and ask for the "Is this just too bizarre" for the normal, mainstream crowd...

Yesterday, I sent a few chapters to a loyal reader who seems to have a level head on her shoulders and I assumed would give me honest feedback from a more mainstream pov...

And I got an almost immediate response on chapter one...high difficulty...as in too much information...spread it out a little...

Yikes...
Back to the computer...
So I blew my 6K words per day goal...but the overall average is still 5k per day, not too shabby, especially considering all the "trying to leave the day job behind" drama...and the extra hours needed to make it a smooth transition (for who I'm wondering?)
But I did completely redo the entire first four chapters to incorporate everything from the first and spread it out more, for hopefully, an easier and more enjoyable read...
So my word count only went up 2K for the day...but it was an all day process of cut, paste, rewrite, reword...and connect all the dots in between...

News in the world of edits...
The edits were officially completed by the "boy" editor which I was nervous about...based solely on the fact that he was a "boy" and now I after peeking at his comments and etceteras...I am thrilled he was on the job! Very nice incite into what I was trying to accomplish and even though some of my writing style (...doing the long thought--to express a sharper idea) made him insane, although he was kind enough not to say so; he went with it and figured it out and still loved the story.

He also came up with some great insight into how the character would react to this and that's and was absolutely right...why didn't I think about that?

So now the ball is back in my court and I hope to have a final ms to Loose-Id by Friday...Woot...Yay!!! Throwing CONFETTI!!!!!!

The process for Unholy Promises...that is a whole other saga...
Seems edits have not yet started and that is a bummer. It was suggested that I use a different editor and although I really don't want to, because it took a long time to get used to the wonderful woman who edited the first two Chronicles and I think she would agree that we've butted heads more than once but that in the end better stories were extracted; I may have to.

The truth is, I have several manuscripts waiting in the wings and I wanted to get all of the Chronicles (there are 6) released before I sent LSB material that was not "Chronicles"...
Which is why I went seeking a second company and found Loose-Id...

I've since revised my thinking and have decided to send some of the material that has been patiently waiting to LSB but am now held up by the editing delays...

Okay, the stress of a writer, still a piece of cake day compared to what I left behind at the day job...

At some point...everything will be edited and everything will be released...and all I have to do is keep up my end of the bargain, putting out 5k per day (and hopefully, some days 6k)...

Just sign me,
So Happy To Be Writing Full-Time!!!

No comments: