4.29.2008

Writing Excitement...

Dear Readers,

Wow! April 2008 is turning out to be a pretty exciting month for Ole Roxy...
2 Contracts...

Control to be released summer 2008 by Loose-Id
Unholy Promises to be released summer 2008 by Liquid Silver Books

and now...
talks have begun to bring Sacred Secrets out as a print edition!
Which has made me jump up and down with excitement!!! YAY! Yahoo! Yowee!!!


So let's talk a little about Sacred Secrets, shall we?
Actually...I'll write it down...you read...it will be easier that way...

Sacred Secrets was actually the third full length novel that I ever wrote and was actually started in 1998...seriously...one of the Great Powers That Be at Liquid Silver actually joked that I write a little slow...

In reality, it was written fairly quickly...in spurts...
between doctor appointments for my invalid parents who were living with me (my mom wheel chair bound following several strokes...and my dad dementia)
and homeschooling my three children...
and trips to the nursing home to visit my first husband (a car wreck left him brain damaged and a quadrapledgic)
ah...ahmmm...and going to church...
and yes, there was a husband in there too...currently ex number 2...but talking about him makes me grumpy...so I don't.

Writing happened in doctor's waiting rooms and at traffic lights...at three a.m. when the house was finally quiet...on napkins, scrap paper, the backs of unopened mail...anything that I could grab and was a writable surface that could be easily taken on the road...and easily concealed from that guy we aren't talking about...

Sacred Secrets was written in secret...
And trust me...it wasn't easy.

So when I think about the eight years it took to get it into e-book format...and over ten years it will take before it is in print...I can admit...it took a little while to write...but I'm also insanely proud that I was able to write it at all...

Find my story about how Sacred Secrets came to be interesting?
Stop back by tomorrow...there's more to share...some of it farly juicy stuff...

Hugs
Roxy

1 comment:

Y said...

YAY!!! Print! how exciting, congrats Roxy, I can't wait. Especially since my comnputer died and with it my copies of your books, that i was just going to buy again, but if they are going to be in print i can wait. *happy dance* for you!!!! ~big hugs~