4.01.2008

I Love My Critique Partner...


Today I spent a few hours at Xandra's and thank goodness I did!
You see...Xandra is my critique partner...she has outlasted a marriage, a few not so serious relationships, and a few serious relationships. She is my lighthouse when I can't see through the fog...

The last few weeks have been extremely foggy...

I have the rough outline for what I hope is going to be my break into mainstream novel. It's a little different for me being a paranormal suspense (although it definitely has erotic undertones). I'm so excited about the rough draft...that the actual writing has stalled because of inner drama...

What's my drama?
1...My title doesn't work...I can't start the actual page one without a title...maybe a little OCD...but I just can't type Chapter One without having the title above it...

Xandra saved the day...
She asked me what the book is about, I told her, and voila...2 seconds later she said, your title is, "Poppet." (no not puppet...a poppet)

2...My chapter one was lost all the way at the end of the book

Again, Xandra saved the day, making my last chapter my first chapter...go figure.

Now, all I have to do is write the book.
Yeah!

1 comment:

Nina Pierce said...

We gotta love those CPs. They are often the voice of reason seeing things that are so obvious that we can't see them ourselves. Good luck with the new story Roxy!