2.02.2008

Happy Anniversary To Me!

On this day last year, Sir Hotness and I got married. Yay!
So how are we celebrating?
Sir Hotness is currently watching me sit on the couch simutaneously blogging and coughing up a lung. Yep...it's going to be one Hot anniversary...Yikes

My plans had been to spend the night in downtown Cincy, hit a couple pubs, and then spend the rest of the evening naked. According to the Dr I saw yesterday, I might actually feel like thinking about getting naked with my husband sometime later next week. Ugh.

So, I've been prescribed not one but THREE rounds of broad spectrum antibiotics, cough syrup that will get rid of the gunk in my lungs which equates to an even greater amount of coughing...and I thought he actually wanted to silence my cough...no such luck...although if I'm not coughing up my lung, I am sleeping thanks to the Codeine in the cough syrup...so maybe it is silencing my cough and I just don't realize it because I'm asleep...I also have an inhaler...I never really saw the usefulness of an inhaler...but now, after only three uses...I'm hooked...I can't wait for the next hit because it actually makes it so that I can BREATHE! Double Yay!

So, the doctor, who I have a thirty year history with remembered my last trip to his office which was in 2004 and I had fallen and damaged my kidney...his recommended treatment was to send me to the hospital...my recommended treatment was to get well at home...I won...but with major antibiotics and total bedrest for three weeks...

This visit he asked, "So, if I want to put you in the hospital, you'll listen this time, right?"

I was non-comittal on that note...
I think the massive amounts of drugs I came home with should do it...

In the meantime, wish Sir Hotness a Happy Anniversary cause our most romantic night is going to be pretty pathetic...

No comments: