1.31.2008

Getting Naked in Spain ...


You know, ever since well forever...I've had naked in public fantasies...usually in faraway places like France, Italy, Spain...

So in retrospect, I wish I could have been in Barcelona over the weekend for the nude protest over the fur industry including over 150 people posing in front of a church which dominated headlines in Barcelona, Spain on January 27, 2008.

The event was organized by Anima Naturalis, an international activist group that has staged similar protests in Mexico, Ecuador and Argentina. The protest took place exactly as noon just as worshipers were arriving for noon mass. The worshipers found themselves greeted to a mass or protesters curled up fetal style, and covered in what was meant to appear as blood, on the steps of the Saint Eulalia Cathedral.


For more information on Anima Naturalis go to www.animanaturalis.org

3 comments:

Y said...

o.k. i get the whole naked in public fantasy...but...is this how you would have liked to do it? it just looks gross to me. i know that it is supposed to look gross, that is the point of the protest and all. i just wouldn't want this to be the way i fufilled that particular fantasy, ya know?

Roxy Harte said...

I guess I missed being a part of the Vietnam protests and the whole flower child era...I'm fascinated by the act of protesting...

But actually, my idea of being naked would involve a public water fountain...and big drama...see scene in Under The Tuscan Sun but minus the clothes...but definitely being carried off by a man;)

Y said...

LOL. you crack me up! but that whole fountain thing....TOTALLY that is a great one.