12.02.2007

Every Writer Needs A Critique Partner

Being a critique partner is definitely a two way street...a little give, a little take...sometimes you don't love the advice and it makes you want to hit walls...

Then there are days that you give your critique partner advice on a project and she lets you know that you are appreciated...and not full of shit...thus if you are feeling like your own writing sucks, you can at least see that not all of your ideas are crapolla...

For instance, the e-mail I got from Xandra today, holding my breath since Tuesday after the advice I gave her ... made me smile ... made me feel ten feet tall ...

Here's what Xandra said:
"How come you know my brain better than I do? ....
You're a fucking genius. Seriously. Have my babies. Mutant,
cross-eyed, flipper babies. I love you."


Yeah, she makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:)

1 comment:

Athena Grayson said...

Aww...my flipper babies made you feel ten feet tall? I think its a side-effect of the mutation. Or just a change in perspective from being cross-eyed.

I will visit genetic freaks of nature upon your tender flesh for decades if you keep kicking my ass back on the right track. :D