12.01.2007

Electric Advent Calendar

December 1 on the Electric Advent Calendar

For those of you who know me well, you know that obscure films really do it for me. I like bits that make me think, even if the thoughts are uncomfortable, make me laugh, even though it's for all the wrong reasons, or makes me cry, for all of the right reasons. So, for one of you, I would like to say thanks, for sharing this Advent Calendar with me, even though I will be counting down the days until Yule instead of the days until Christmas...though you may be only acknowledging that today is the first day of December--this calendar is applicable, being only about the wonderful gift you receive each day. You see, the reward for visiting this calendar each day is that your reward is a short, obscure film. I'm in heaven! How exciting is this?

And I admit, I previewed several before typing this recommend, because I wanted to make certain that the images therein weren't offensive...and please be warned, these short films were done by students, aged 14-21, from across the UK, and so the version of offensive I am referring to would be their life view opinions, the cutesy factor, or the inane zombie here or there; however, overall, I was intertained, and surprisingly, or maybe not so at all, these young, creative minds caused me to pause and think...and that is the true gift of this calendar.

Each day's film offer's the artists Bio and Location in the UK, sometimes it is a group project and the entire school is highlighted; for example, Court Meadow School for the disabled and The University of the West of England.

I hope you enjoy this Electric Advent Calendar as much I am going to and thank you for your dedication to visiting my page, even though my opinions are varied and most days I wear my rose coloured glasses...

Happy December all...

No comments: