1.29.2007

Yes, I'm REALLY Getting Married...

I find it laugh out loud funny that so many people are finding it so hard to believe that I am getting married. Yes, I admit, I was jaded. I'll even go so far as to say that for a while...I hated most men. But why is it so hard to believe that maybe it took a while to find the right man? And really, what makes the right man--the RIGHT MAN?

Take my ex-husband...he called tonight to ask if I was still going through with it. He can't believe I'd do THIS...

Then there is the ex-boyfriend...he sent an email tonight as well...

Okay, I don't get it.
They don't want anyone else to find happiness with me??

Then there is my lovely oldest daughter, who called today to say that she is coming over tomorrow...just to make sure that I'm okay, in case I want to talk, because she wants to make certain I'm getting married for the right reasons...

What are the right reasons?

I walk into a room and his eyes light up when he sees me...
He whispers he loves me from across a room so that I read his lips and no one else is wiser...
He finishes my sentences, and I finish his...
He makes me laugh with true joy...and I haven't felt such heartfelt happiness in decades.
And sex appeal? Ohhhh yeahhhh. That's why we hooked up. Remember J, my vanilla friend that maybe isn't so vanilla? Well, she was there the first time I met Sir Hotness...then he walked away...and my comment to her was, "OMG, I'm fucking WET!" Her comment was, "So?"
And I answered her with the truth...I hadn't gotten honest to goodness wet without artificial assistance ie lube in YEARS. As soon as she heard that she said, "My god, go find him! Would you really let him disappear before you even have his name and number?" and the answer to that was NO ... I gave him my name and number.

I think all of these are very good reasons and it isn't even a start to all the reasons why I love this man. It isn't even the starting ground for why we are getting married after only three months.

I would ask, why wait?
There isn't anyone out there who can make me feel the way he makes me feel and I'm certain he feels the same way. Why? Because he says it's so...and I believe him.

That's why today we went to get a marriage license and that's why Thursday by the light of the full moon I am committing to sharing my life with this man.

No comments: