1.28.2007

Awake All Night

I could say I woke up to an amazing private message from Lisa Andel, one of the LSB authors, but the waking up part would be a lie, since I've pretty much been awake all night...and not the screaming in pleasure/pain I wanna be awake that would have been wonderful but the tossing and turning, lay down, get back up, yo-yo that made it a fairly awful sleep night. The cause? Pick one... High stress job? Teenager Worries? Daughter and Grandbabies on the road travelling without recent word that they're okay? Bridal Jitters? Failed Past Relationships?

Goddess help me.

So Lisa Andel sending me this LINK to a recent review of Sacred Secrets...
Well, lets just say that she's the hero of my morning...

This is what Plain Jane said about Sacred Secrets:

Review for Sacred Secrets
Author: Roxy Harte
Date of Review: 01/20/07
Reviewed by: Jane Anderson

Reviewer Comments: If had ended differently, I would have rated this book higher; but now I have to buy the sequel because I am so involved in Celia's life that I have to know that it all turns out okay for her and truthfully, I'm terrified for her.

How's that for getting WAY INTO A BOOK?

Normally, I take a few days reading a book, not this one...by chapter three I was in over my head with these characters and by chapter eight it was way past my bedtime...then, the book went with me to work...and I read through most of my shift.

I love the way Roxy Harte pulled me in using both hers and his points of view in almost alternating chapters. I don't think this book would have been as compelling if it had been written any other way.

I love that I was in the head of the submissive and then next chapter, I was in the head of the Dominant.

I felt real emotion, sometimes deep wretching emotion reading this book. I've thought about this book long after the final word...and now, I'm waiting...waiting for the conclusion and I feel like it's me that's torn open and needing fixed as much as Celia.

I have never been as affected by a book as I was with Sacred Secrets.

RatingsOverall: 9
Sensuality: 10
Genre Element: 10

So now, are you convinced to BUY SACRED SECRETS?
What? You already bought Sacred Secrets? Why not tell a friend about it?

Is this shameless self-promotion first thing on a Sunday morning? Yep! No apologies there! You see, a snowstorm is coming and I'll be driving right into it on my way to show a house (real estate agent by day) to a couple who are insisting on seeing the house even though they won't write a contract, out of their price range, and I'm obligated to show them...even though it's more than an hour's drive away from me....and I haven't slept.

At this moment, being a full time erotic romance writer would REALLY work for me. So if anyone out there is reading this...and maybe knows a big-time New York editor type...I really, really don't mind if you toss my name around a bit!

4 comments:

Rhian said...

my wallet's pulling into the E-store next week and getting your book and TA Chase's. Heh. Y'all can thank Mike at LS - he worked out the book transfer crisis i was having that prevented me making further purchases. Mike. He's my hero.

Roxy Harte said...

Awesome Rhian, let me know what you think after you read it!!!

Lila Dubois said...

Thank God that finally got worked out.

OF COURSE it was my book that got f-ed up.

That's right, I'm LSB's cursed red-headed step child.

Sacred Secrets is amazing. Roxy is going to send me the next one to read so I don't have to wait for it to be published. Right Roxy... Roxy?

Damn it.

Laurie M. Rauch said...

Well, I'll tell ya... This is how I felt editing the sequel. Consider my mind still blown. *grin*