1.24.2007

Other Things On My Mind

This was the week that I was going to announce the beginning of a book promotion by Liquid Silver Books for fast approaching Valentines Day (my favorite holiday)...but I don't have all the information to share...which includes winning FREE BOOKS, because I've been a bit distracted by life...so you will have to stop back by for the big announcement.

So, what could be so important as to distract Roxy from the important business of self-promotion? Beautiful Girl...

You may remember when Beautiful Girl was playing soccer in October and we ended up at the emergency room. That day she went to the E.R. with a concussion, received a CAT Scan, and had a great story to tell at school the next day and photos of one pupil dilated, the other tiny, tiny...and a headache from hell that lasted a week... and then two weeks ... and then two months. At which point Roxy was very frustrated with the pediatrician who kept saying that we would just have to wait it out--that sometimes concussions took awhile to recover from; however, she took the time to make an appointment with a neurologist...and luckily**read sarcasm**it only took seven weeks additional waiting to be seen by the pediatric neurologist.

Yesterday, we went to the neurologist, thinking an hour or two tops, then girls could have fun playing hooky for the rest of the day and use a Dr.'s excuse for a day out of school. Six and a half hours later, we came home even more frustrated than all the months of waiting combined...and a follow-up visit...in six more weeks.

So today, I'm waiting for MRI results and doing little else...although, Sir Hotness assures me that if Kiya had a major blood clot blockage (one of the neurologists guesses) the radiologist wouldn't have let her left the hospital. One of her other guesses was a damaged optic nerve, which after two hours at the opthamologist this morning, turned out to be incorrect...

Have I ever mentioned that I'm not a very patient person?
Waiting sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, honey, I'm so sorry this is happening! Give Beautiful a kiss on the nugget from me.