9.08.2006

What's On My Mind Today

Sometimes you watch a movie and it makes you laugh, others tears.
Water is a movie that will float on the surface of my mind for a long time to come. If you can rent it do so.

Days before I rented this movie, a friend and I were talking and I made the comment that when I go to rent a movie I look for the ones that have only one or two copies. I do so because usually, they are the movies that make us think and sadly, aren't as popular as the movies that let you melt into a puddle of non-thought. Water had two copies, neither rented, a good sign for me...

Likewise, when I read erotica, I want it to have substance behind it, not just a continuous string of sex scenes melted together with predictable plot and badly written dialogue. Which leads to the way I write...focusing on the emotional and psychological nature of the BDSM relationship--I want my readers to be affected by what they've read.

Last night I received my first affirmation in the form of an email from someone who read Sacred Secrets. C.L. wrote me at roxy@roxyharte.com:

Roxy,
I read your book, Sacred Secrets, yesterday and today. It spoke to something in me that I thought was forgotten. For a while, anyhow.
I wanted to say Thank You. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You. I have been awakened again. It is a beautiful story.
Goodnight,
C.L.

I just want you to know that C.L. made me all misty eyed...I am filled with gratitude that she took the time to share her thoughts. So, now I am going to get back to work on the Sacred Secrets sequel. BTW the ugly baby now has a name:) Sacred Revelations

1 comment:

Krissy said...

I'm glad to here you got such great feedback for your latest book.

BTW- Thanks for posting the results from SuperNova. I had no idea who lost. Personally I was huge fan of Ryan's and I like Delani as well.

Love,

Tina Holland