9.30.2010

What I'm Working On...

So, Vow of Silence is underway and has me so stressed out...
With the menage under wraps having taken five books to tell the story...I do not want another long drama...I do want a tight story...

And there is just so much stuff to fit between the cover...
I love George, I want my readers to love him too, and after two AMAZING MEN (Garrett and Thomas) it's insane writing another compelling man AND keeping all of their traits separated so that each man has very distinct personalities...

As if that isn't enough...

What was I thinking?
I'm writing about a psychiatrist and has several hospital scenes made almost paralyzingly impossible because I am doctor (Iatrophobia) and hospital (nasocomephobia) phobic! When writing the scenes involving doctors and hospitals I have often fallen asleep while at the keyboard...which has obviously caused delays.

One thing that has helped is working on a novel that has been on my backburner...and using that WIP as a reward for Vow of Silence wordcount of 1K or more at a single sitting...

So, this second WIP is a currently untitled paranormal suspense that I hope to shop around some agents in 2011. Here's a question for my readers: would you prefer I use Roxy Harte or seek a different pseudonym for the novels I write that are not erotic in nature? I plan to use a different name but opinions seem so divided!

No comments: