5.13.2010

Patience...

Only four days and counting until Echo Of Redemption's digital release! I'm excited and my little namesake is excited too...
Here's the email I received from Roxy Harte, Chihuahua:
Hi Roxy,
This is me waiting patiently for Monday to come 
so I can help mommy read your new book.
Love,  
little Roxy


And for the rest of you PATIENTLY WAITING... a little excerpt:)


“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed
but my soul.”
Judy Garland
Chapter 1
Kitten

San Francisco , CA
January 21

Sitting cross-legged on the sofa, a man on my left, a man on my right, I have no idea
who to look at, so I stare straight ahead. Garrett. Thomas. My men. Known to me as Masterand Lord Fyre. Our ménage is still intact. I sigh heavily and both men squeeze a hand. I hadn’t noticed before that they are each holding one of my hands. Across the room, I can see their faces reflected in the darkened floor to ceiling bank of windows, framing the inky night sky. I try to read their expressions, but it is impossible. They aren’t looking at me. They are staring at each other, increasing tension already so thick in the room I could choke on it. I wait for the war to begin imminently. All because I’m pregnant. No, that isn’t the all.

I tried to tell Thomas first and considered not telling Master. Ever.

Master saw it as me choosing Thomas over him, but I wasn’t. I was choosing the ménage
over a baby. Bloody hell, this is impossible. It certainly doesn’t help that Garrett believes the child is Thomas’s. Every parent wants to see a bit of themselves in their child’s face. Garrett will never have that opportunity. He will look at this child and see Thomas. Every. Single. Time. I am an idiot. I am surprised he is even here.

Without meaning to, my gaze focuses on the reflected image of Thomas, and I try to imagine him as a child. The thought makes me smirk as I visualize his face beardless, his eyes and mouth younger…younger still. I imagine his long dark hair as short dark curls. Bright pink, pudgy cheeks. I snort, the face I have conjured in my mind could be boy or girl. A beautiful child. Their reflected faces are suddenly looking at me, both demanding answers to unasked questions. I force myself to look at neither and both.

I am not choosing sides!
This child could as easily be Garrett’s. An equally beautiful child.
It is hopeless. I love both men.

I can’t help remembering the night Master collared me, the same night he bought me at
auction. We stood in a storeroom and he was explaining the rules of the member’s only area of Lewd Larry’s, his BDSM nightclub. Feline. Canine. Pet play. It all seemed so foreign, but then the collar closed around my neck and he commanded me to meow.

“Merroww.” I’d done the best imitation I was capable of doing of Monet, my luxurious
Maine-Coon cat, and suddenly everything fell in place for me. I was collared, owned, but I could also be a more base being than my mundane-human counterpart could ever be. Animals have no morality. Animals have no sin. I cried, unashamed, and became Kitten in that moment. Garrett Lawrence had claimed my heart the instant he became Master.

But feeling that way, I also feel if Master owns my heart, Lord Fyre owns my soul. I felt it the first time our eyes locked, even though at the time I was comparing him to the one most evil. I felt it then, I still feel it now, every time he looks at me, he sees my darkest needs…and I know his.

I am no longer collared, a matching brand on each of our left arms makes us each others.

No comments: