4.18.2010

Pirating And What's Being Done About It...

Pirating pisses me off...
There's so many arguments made by people for and against stealing someones work...and yes, getting an ebook for free as part of a fileshare group is stealing. The books average $2-$6 if bought legitimately and if you didn't pay for it online, you stole it...that's my side...I'm against pirating.

Those for pirating books will say they aren't hurting anyone...
Well, they aren't hurting themselves at any rate.
I personally won't be black and blue if someone steals a copy of my book...
My paycheck will be smaller though...

Let's put this in perspective.
Every time you steal a copy of an ebook from a pirating site because you aren't hurting anyone by doing it...do the right thing and go to your boss and say "This hour's on me. I'm working for free." It probably won't make you feel better...but I'd feel great knowing that you have taken the first small steps in my shoes...

Maybe you agree with me that pirating is wrong and you'd like to know what can be done about it...
Contact your senator, congressman, president...and say, "Hey, I want legislation against digital theft, specifically ebook pirating."

The UK is passing legislation even as I type this...(news article)
My question is, why hasn't the US done anything?

No comments: