3.09.2009

A Commune With Purpose...

The year was 2002 and I was recently divorced from husband number two...and embracing a life of yogic celibacy and veganism. I travelled out west seeking to "find myself" and dragging my then nine year old with me. I meditated and did yoga in the desert, she pointed and laughed... after a month she was doing yoga too if not quite getting the whole meditation concept. What was I looking for? Answers to all the basic questions...
Who I am?
What's my life purpose?
Why can't I fucking orgasm?
I was considering communal living if I could just find the right place...

Oh, boy, if I'd only known then...

The place is One Taste on Folsom Street. Yes, the Folsom Street.
It's been touted a cult...
It's drawn lots of voyeurs...
Their meditation is based around the Female Orgasm.
Seriously.
A New York Times article begins, "EVEN in a culture in which sex toys are a booming business and Oprah Winfrey discusses living your best life in the bedroom, a coed live-in commune dedicated to the female orgasm hovers at the extremes."

I'm over the whole communal living dream...
But I'm having visions of meditation hour taking on a whole new meaning at our house.

No comments: