7.18.2008

Priceless...

At 12:01a.m. moi, Sir Hotness, and Beautiful Girl met some friends at the very first showing of the day for The Dark Knight. Sir Hotness was our reluctant victim, he'd prefer to see movies weeks after there release when the theater is empty...

I on the other hand have created an addict in Beautiful Girl, that is as strong as mine...we absolutely most be in the first showing...of movies that could otherwise be lessened by a remark, comment, blog, or potential spoiler of any sort. Ever since the movie where the boy saw dead people and all the clues were red, I've harbored this particular compulsion because a friend's husband thought it would be absolutely hilarious to tell everyone he could who hadn't seen the movie..."The shrink is a dead guy." I really would have liked to been able to have figured that one out myself...

So Dark Knight...first showing...absolutely imperative for that reason alone--no one can spoil it for me. But the other part, the part that makes it an addiction is the energy and camaraderie of the people who show up at 10:30pm even though they bought their tickets days prior and enjoy sitting with a few hundred of their new closest friends because they all share a common commitment to having the best experience possible. That is priceless....

So no Dark Knight spoilers, just a friendly word that encourages you to see it as soon as you can and avoid anyone or any medium that might ruin the moment of experiencing it...

As a side note, this will be my fourth night in a row of falling asleep after 4am and probably being awakened by a puppy before 8am...and while I have proven again and again that I can do with as little as two or three hours sleep many successive days in a row...I really need to sleep. Here's to hoping I do.

No comments: