3.13.2008

It Hurts Here...And Here...

Okay, six months post car accident, I finally decide that I am tired of taking pain pills and muscle-relaxers because my back hurts...a trip to the Dr. only annoyed me more because she offered to prescribe different pain pills and muscle relaxers...it was one of those moments...

So, today I officially went for the initial chiropractor appointment...
I said, "It hurts here (between shoulderblades) and here (over kidneys)...
He said, "Look left, look right, lift your right arm, lift your left arm..."
I'm definitely feeling a hokey-pokey moment by this point...

My body scanned, x-rayed, and thing-a-ma-bobbed later, it was decided that my c-1,2,3 are really messed up...but then everything is fine until t12 or so...

Here's the thing...no treatment today...go back tomorrow for that...
But now, instead of hurting here an here...my everywhere hurts...I think it's psychosomatic...just admitting that I hurt at all increased my hurt level...

I'm looking forward to tomorrow though...

2 comments:

MarcelloNYC said...

I happen to be a chiropractor. I usually adjust the first day, but some Dr.'s will wait.

If you need any advice, drop me an email.

Feel better.

Nina Pierce said...

Hope the chiropractor helps. Nothing worse than chronic pain.