2.11.2008

Winter Storm Warning...

For hours now all I have heard on radio and television is that we are under a WINTER STORM WARNING... sounds quite ominous, I know, but as of yet...nada...

No rain, sleet, snow...nothing.

Yet, the man on the news is saying, "Do not go outside. Stay home."

Okay, I believe in being prepared but come on...
I mean, it sounds a bit armegeddon...

So, I sit, watching the School Closings roll across the bottom of the screen... just in case ... because Beautiful Girl has her fingers and her toes crossed that there will be a Snow Day.

We'll see. Call me jaded, but I'm not getting my hopes up... because I absolutely LOVE snowdays. I hate snow and all the slushy, grey mess and freezing temperatures that go along with it ... but I'm good for one good hike through the woods or even a happy jaunt around the block. I especially like to walk when the big, fluffy white is falling from the sky... Yippee.

So I will stay awake, watching the sky, with my fingers and toes crossed, and as much heart pounding excitement bottled up as the teenage girl upstairs, trying to sleep, just in case she has to go to school after all...

(to be continued...)

No comments: