2.26.2008

Those Secret Relationships ...

I'm writing a book... obviously... that has my crit partner Xandra up in arms ... because it involves "Cheating" and how can my heroine warrant any sympathy from the readers if she is a "bad" person. Hmmm. She has begged me not to write this book (I tried to explain that I'm not writing Gone With The Wind here)... she begged me to change it so that the heroine breaks up with the boyfiend prior to "cheating" ... but I told her that isn't likely to happen... I mean we all have or will cheat or have thought about cheating at some point in our lifetimes ... especially if fantasies count.

So the story is staying as is...

But what about the rest of you, does it bother you that a main charater might cheat?
(answers are required, readers...that's what the comment box is for)

Here's the bigger question, in my story the boyfriend finds out ... same as real life ... cheaters get caught ... eventually ... and the boyfriend forgives.

Xandra's point was that cheating is unforgivable and that it is never truly forgiven even if the wronged party says they forgive ... I don't agree with that ...

Anyway... here is a "funny" commercial that uses both BDSM and "Cheating" to sell their product. It made me smile ...


Direct Link

2 comments:

Nina Pierce said...

I think the subject of cheating is a hot button topic. What you've described sounds real. Relationships are messy. People love enough to forgive their partners nearly everything... some more egregious than cheating. I think it sounds edgy and with the right character motivation I would certainly believe in the "happy ever after".

Y said...

i agree with nina. i think it is real. i know that i have been cheated on and forgiven the person for it. i know i shouldn't have, but i did. ya know... sh** happens. that is life. in a perfect would everyone would like to get tied up...oops i mean no one would cheat. lol.