2.18.2008

Monday Turns Weird ...

All right, I live in Ohio .... So I almost get waking up to 21F warming to 50F and moments of rain, sleet, snow with brilliant sunshine all at the same time ...

Welcome to today.

I may have a stalker...yet to be confirmed.

Surprise (well not really) was the news from the Democrat camps. Clintons group accusing Obamas writers of plagiarism and Obama admitting that he did "borrow" what he said... Yep, in literary circles we call that plagiarism.

Now to define how my Monday turned weird. I'm not sure when or why or how but everything in my brain has seemed to flip flop. Where to begin?

Twenty years ago I decided to be a vegetarian and for about fifteen years that was my life. Then I started craving meat ... not just wanting t but dreaming about it ... and not just meat but ripping open wrappers in the meat department and devouring raw meat dreams ...yuk! At the time I was also seriously embracing celibacy as my newly divorced newly single Yogini lifestyle. Some of my yoga students helped me to see my raw meat need as sexuality based and should I just go get laid ... or eat meat? I went to the grocery bought the biggest steak I could find ... grilled it ... barely ... and ate it ... thus ending my journey as Vegetarian and maintaining my stance on how to manage my sexuality.

Now I'm happily married to Sir Hotness ... sex is not a problem ...and I can honestly say that up until about noon today I haven't thought about or missed my Veggie filled life ... then at noon I became obsessed with my eating habits of late ... I've spent hours online searching for my old fav veggie recipes...

Sir Hotness is not a vegetarian. He's the guy that has meat with side orders of meat. Isn't this just great?

That wasn't the end of my weirdness.
I've spent a year getting used to the fact that Sir Hotness is not really a pet guy even though he puts up with the two cats and one small dog.

The problem is I miss Charlie a lot ... obsessively a lot ...he was the boxer I had before meeting Sir Hotness and he admittedly had issues ... the dog, not the man ... issues that came to a violence while I was away on my honeymoon. My brain wants to defend him because I know he had separation anxiety but the sane part of me tells me that I had to have him put down after he attacked another dog and the kennel owner.

I want another big dog and I don't really know how to bring Sir Hotness around to the idea ... mainly because he's been waiting a year for me to get over my need for a big dog presence in my life ... that won't happen ... I've always had a big dog in my life, sometimes several big dogs in my life simultaneously ... I have chosen the dogs in my life over and above the men in my life (Yikes! I hate to admit that but if that's my worst truth ... I can own it)

The weirdness was me having to lock myself in the house to keep myself from going out and getting a big dog. I couldn't keep from dream doggie shopping online though.

I am so out of control.
I'm hoping that Wednesday's full moon sets my life back in order because I don't know that Sir Hotness is going to be able to deal with a fridge full of Veggies and a new Big Dog in the house when he gets home from his trip...

**editted
So, Sir Hotness answer to the big dog making me feel safer (esp since the suspected stalker incidence) was to investigate home security systems...not a bad idea until I started investigating...

Did I mention today has gone weird?
How weird is it that Inside Edition did an expose report on the security company ADT tonight?! Yeah, I had to watch it. Did you know that even though the base price at about $2400 installed plus their monthly monitoring fee gives you the guarantee of only $500 in event of any type of loss even if that loss is due to Gross Neglect due to the part of ADT ... the woman in the expose was actually killed after relying on ADT to alert her to break in. She was being stalked and even though her boyfriend was there and armed with a gun to protect her and her four children .... her stalker was able to break in (alarm failure) and kill both her and her boyfriend. ADT's contract makes them not liable for a penny beyond $500. (Yep thats really going to help those four kids...)

I'll save Sir Hotness the $2400 and a lot of anxious nights laying awake worried that the alarm is going to fail ... Dogs bark. Dogs don't fail...

Ummm...this is the type of dog that has won my heart today... American Tibetan Matiff (yes, it's subject to change but for tonight this is the protector that I will be dreaming about):


This is what I learned tonight about American Tibetan Mastiffs...

Temperament: Tibetan Mastiffs are intelligent, independent, reliable, loyal and strong willed. They can be reserved and independent, often stubborn and dominant. This breed requires a dominant owner. (got that under control:)They have been said to have "catlike" behavior. They make excellent guards and watchdogs. Tibetan Mastiffs are good and gentle with children, but should be supervised with them, as they can be overprotective. (hello, all dogs must be supervised around children. Period.) They are used as guards of livestock, but are also equally happy to relax. They are easygoing when not under percieved threat. They can be quite aloof, but they usually enjoy being near their masters most of the time. They are adaptable to temperatures, able to do their job in a snow drifts or in hot weather.

With Children: Yes, they are good with children, gentle with their own family

With Pets: Yes, they do well with other pets, they’re not usually dog aggressive.

Special Skills: Protectors and guardians.

Watch-dog: High.

Guard-dog: High. This breed has been bred over the years for this very purpose.

(This dog is PERFECT!)

1 comment:

Nina Pierce said...

Roxy... love those dogs. Friend of mine had one and it was wonderful! Friendly to strangers and family alike. Good choice. Much better than the whole ADT idea... though probably not a heck of a lot cheaper! LOL!