2.19.2008

A FOUR DAY DIET?

Okay, so I was supposed to be writing, ended up researching then decided to catch the noon news before opening A Submissive's Journey ... then channel surfing my way toward the news I heard the magic word DIET ... but not just Diet ... Rachel Ray billed it as The Four Day Diet ... thus I landed on her noon show, forgetting all about the news.

It seems Prevention Magazine even printed an article about it and there is a book called the Flat Belly Diet.

In summary, quoted from this site:
"To the ancient Greeks, olive oil was liquid gold. For the Aztecs, chocolate was sacred. Almonds were prized by Egypt's pharaohs, and avocados have symbolized fertility for centuries. These can't-live-without-'em foods share more than history; they also share unique health properties. They're packed with monounsaturated fatty acids (also known as MUFAs, pronounced MOO-fahs), those good-for-you fats that protect you from chronic disease and, according to new research, can help you lose fat, specifically around your middle. That's why they're at the heart of the Flat Belly Diet, a unique Prevention-tested weight loss plan."

On Rachel Ray's show four "victims" were selected to embark on the four day jump start ...
It was all very compelling...
Heather, "The four days worked but planning was difficult ... lost two pounds."
Maureen, "I can't wait to start the entire diet. I lost seven pounds in four days."

www.flatbellydiet.com has more info if you are interested.

For me, I'm trying a combination of everything because I challenged my hubby and daughters to a Biggest Loser competition (although Beautiful Girl is prohibitted from losing more than fifteen pounds because she just doesn't have it to lose; and her skinny BF has been challenged to gain every pound she loses...that should be entertaining)

And Me? I'd like to drop thirty pounds before swimsuit season...

No comments: