1.04.2008

A Trip To The ER Merits A Nonproductive Day

My phone doesn't usually ring before 10a.m., most of my friends know that I'm just not a morning person...writing until 3am has that effect on me... so when my phone rang at 6am... I knew it wasn't a good thing...

So, it turns out that middle daughter went to the ER with the stomach/intestinal bug that seems to be hitting everyone ... (My youngest and oldest also had it but no Dr. visits were required) ...

Six hours later I was home from the ER and trying to figure out how to disinfect myself, not only from her bug but whatever everyone else in the ER had as well...

Is it safe to inhale Lysol??? I don't think so, but if I thought it would work...I'd have been snorting it big time... anyway ... three more hours later and the entire house has been bleached and I've ashed my hands two hundred times ...

Sir Hotness, the smartass microbiologist says there isn't much I can do, and if I'm gonna get it, I'd probably already have it ...

Here's to hoping he's right and I don't get it...

So, how's my reading audience?? Well? Sick? Tired of taking care of puking kids?? Come on, tell me something, so I don't feel guilty for scrubbing and disinfecting instead of writing today...

**Editted by Roxy Harte
For those of you who wrote in about tonight's TalkCast...I apologize but with tonight being as insane as my morning...I missed it and had no way of telling anyone that I was going to have to cancel. I will be rescheduling soon, although probably not until next week. I just need to get everyone well. You are all very important to me and I hope you understand. (Although a TalkCast with me running back and forth between chatting and puking kids might have been a memorable episode LOL)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not dealing with any puking kids at the moment, but not being very productive either. It's very blah here right now.