1.24.2008

Another Cold Day In Ohio...Still Sick...Reflecting on Love

I hate cold weather.

I will probably make that announcement on a regular basis throughout the season...but I just had to say it again today....

So, why do I live in Ohio? Still?
I mean growing up, I didn't have a choice...but as an adult...I have choices, right?

Although, honestly, I really see my older age in a warmer climate...if I am this miserable at 43, not wanting to leave the house etc, how horrible will it be when I'm 75? or 85?

I'm not really sure where else I would want to live though...

I did have a note from a dear friend (who lives in Florida) this morning and that put a smile on my face as soon as I saw I had mail from her. The last time I saw her (in October), she was glowing with the joy of finding new love...so I was anxious to see if she was still blissfully happy and crossing my fingers she is. Here is part of her note:

"well love can be grand. especially when short lived."

Reading this I had to pout because the guy she'd found seemed so perfect...and I guess for awhile it was...

I think we've all relationships like that, when everything is so perfect, we enjoy the flurry, the whirlwind, the moment...because somewhere deep down we known it isn't permenent...there isn't a chance it can be long term for this reason or that reason...so many reasons...

so many REASONS!

When I met Sir Hotness it was intense...whirlwind didn't even begin to describe it...and he was perfect...and he believed I was perfect...and early on we had to start making choices, if we wanted to be together at all...since he lived in a different state...

Early in, we had a conversation about what it would take to make it work and we were both in agreement that "whatever it takes" to be together...which is so easy to say...so much harder to do...

But isn't that really the most romantic thing anyone can ever say to another?

"I will do whatever it takes to be with you."

Wow...

I do love that man:)

No comments: