10.25.2007

Building a Story

Submissive's Journey ... the working title for the continuing story of the Dom/sub anthology is off to a slow start ... I have so much in my brain but it isn't going anywhere...

For inspiration I went to a site I used to use a lot when I was homeschooling my teenagers (great lesson plans) and pulled this idea for something fun to do ... you know, writing exercise to get my creative juices going... it's fun, wanna try? No? Here's more incentive:

Write a story...win one of my ebook's

Here's the instructions:
1. Select a portrait—a painting or a photograph—and write a brief story featuring the subject of the portrait, adding traits such as height or tone of voice. Use the basic elements of a story: setting, character, plot, conflict, climax, and resolution. The main character should be revealed gradually through the elements of the story.
Here's the photo I used:

So write a story using the above picture...but here's the deal...100 words or less (called in writing circles Flash Fiction) submit in my comment box to win a copy of Dom/sub! Winner will be announced Monday night so you even have a couple days to think about it. Yay

Today hasn't been a completely useless day...my writing exercise actually led to me writing not a flash fiction but the blurb to Submissive's Journey...Here it is...

Julia Moran spent a decade as the pampered, isolated slave of Master Jasper only to have her life turned upside down by his death. Choosing what to wear and what to eat posed day-consuming dilemmas without the added stress of where to work, where to live and even learning how to write a check to pay her bills, but after almost two years, she's embraced her new life as a junior high math teacher, if still a bit dysfunctional.

The only thing missing is sex. Well that, and really wanting to be bound, spanked, and gagged, but is she really ready to give up her new found freedom for another Dominant?

Everett Hawthorn has created the life of his dreams: a fulfilling job as a Professional Dominant, steady stream of adoring playmates, and a relaxing restored Plantation in the woods outside Atlanta. In full pursuit of the good life—wine, women, and success--he holds the strong conviction that his life would be perfect if he could own the celebrated submissive of deceased, legendary Dominant Jasper.

The old saying that wanting something is more enjoyable than having something may be ringing true for Elliott because the illusive, mysterious woman that he's dreamt of, Julia Moran, is moving in. Despite his attempts to be tame her, the appealing brunette seems to have a chip on her shoulder about him . . . and the competition of living up to the memory of her past Dom, Master Jasper, may be more than Everett is up to. How far will he go to make the dream of taming her reality?

So, think I can write a story around it? Ooo better question...will this blurb entice you to buy the book?

Thanks for participating...I love you guys!!

**Editted note from Roxy Harte: Whew! Is it getting warm in here? Make sure you read the comments because Kayelle Allen just left a Flash Fiction for us to daydream about...Thank You Kayelle! You can visit her at her Tarthian Empire.

Whew hoo!! Chapter One of A Submissive's Journey is complete!!

11 comments:

Kayelle Allen said...

I love this picture. I wish I knew where to get more of this couple. I've seen a few here and there. They have inspired many a scene for me, not to mention the cover of my second book, For Women Only.

Here's my flash, Roxy. 100 words exactly.

He lay on the beach while she stood astride him, lash in hand, tapping it against her leg. The feel of her boots on either side of his hips comforted at first, but lying here at her mercy faded that peace into a haze of unease. She stooped, set one knee on his outstretched arm, and bent over him.

"I've decided the best punishment is to toy with you awhile." She opened his denim jacket, spread her fingers across his chest, then slid her hand down into the top of his pants. "So no coming until we're home in bed."

Lisa Andel said...

WooHoo Roxy! You know I love to flash!!! And write, too. :D

Here's mine, it accidently ended at 100 words. (So sue me, I never said I liked to play by the rules):

Damn it! I was running late.

I stuffed my keys into my coat and raced out the door. As I skidded around the corner, I wondered if I had the money for the co-pay. I was digging through my pockets when I slammed into something. Someone. And knocked him flat on his ass, coming down on top of him.

Fuck. He was the best looking man I’d ever seen, and he was staring back at me with this intense expression that made my crotch heat. I bent lower, thinking I’d kiss him. Taste him.

“I think you broke my ankle.”

Nina Pierce said...

Okay, my first flash, but I couldn't resist this one! 100 words exactly. Just luck.


“This is not what I agreed to, Julia.”

“It’s exactly what you what you want, Quade.” Julia bit deep into the taut muscle at his neck.

Quade hissed. “Well, then I’ve changed my mind. Undo the cuffs.”

“Your body says something different.” She ground her ass against his cock, straining to be freed. “Tell me your safe word.” Julia laved his nipple and sunk her teeth deep. Quade’s back arched, but he didn’t cry in pain. His cock jumped.

“Stop.”

“Doesn’t work that way.”

“Cotton candy.”

“I like that. Whipped sugar. Just like you.” Julia stood and snapped the rawhide.

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxy. I chose the cover of your book. These are all too good for me and I guess you could say I’m a… ah… virgin when it comes to bondage. Here’s my first go. I promise a few more later today and tomorrow.

Hi all



She could hear his footfalls. He’d circled the bed twice stopping once to pull at the rope that bound her arms.

The black gag was soggy and tasted dusty. It rubbed her tongue when she tried to speak but then, that wasn’t really permitted, was it? He’d made that clear as he’d pulled the blindfold tight.

The sag of the mattress preceded his soggy menace, “I’m here.”

When he moved from her ear to her soft exposed mound of flesh and blew she shuddered. She yearned for more than a warm breath on her nipple.

Then it all became real.

Anonymous said...

All mine will be based on the same picture….

Her throat was dry and caught when she tried to swallow. Unlike her throat the swollen cleft she ground the side of her ankle into was sopping.

She wondered if he could smell her; see the slight tightening of her thigh muscles as she rode her knobby steed.

When the mattress sagged a second time she froze, her back stiffened and she yearned without know what for.

“I’ve invited a few friends over for drinks,” he whispered.

When she jerked and pulled against the rope, a muffled moan trapped in her throat, her breasts bounced.

His soft laugh was sinister.

Anonymous said...

Her frantic mind didn’t know if it was apprehension or fear that held her eyes wide beneath her blindfold. But she was sure it was adrenalin that drove her heart.

Then she heard it. Then she knew there was no way to turn the clock back and smile at the handsome stranger with the hypnotic eyes and say, “How nice of you to offer. Really. But I could never go back to your place. We hardly know each other.”

“Oh sure, I have her right in here.”

A whoosh of cool air washed over her when the bedroom door opened.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last one was mine too. I forgot to put my name in and it anonimated me. Lol.

Anonymous said...

At first there was only the sound of shuffling footfalls highlighted by the delicate clink of ice floating in glasses.

Her sense of hearing in overdrive, she sucked a breath when someone grunted and the sound of an indiscernible whisper floated across the mattress.

“I say, she is lovely. And look at her nipples. Just lovely.”

She cringed at the sound of the stranger’s voice. He sounded old. Old enough to be her grandfather.

Then a woman countered, “But I like her back. Look at how straight it is and how the cheeks of her ass drape over her feet.”

Roxy Harte said...

I do love flash fiction...
Thank you all who have participated today!!

Hmmmm....maybe Flash Fiction will have to become a once a week event.

What do you think?

Lisa Andel said...

You can count me in Roxy, and I bet JP would come for it (no pun intended). :D

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of things that I'll come for. Anyone want to take notes?