7.09.2007

Happiness is... Being A Firefighter

My middle daughter is a firefighter/EMT...I worry about her getting injured, but she's a smart girl and I trust her ability...and she's happier than she's ever been.

My husband works in a microbiology lab...I worry about him contracting a deadly virus because yeah, I'm concerned (another lab worker caught spinal meningitis testing samples and died within a few hours concerned) But he deals with this stuff every day and I trust him to be as careful as humanly possible...he's the happiest, calmest, most rational guy I've ever met...

I'm telling you this because a recent study lists LIBRARIANS as having the most stress filled jobs on the planet. Yes, I did say librarians. The cause of their stress...repetition and boredom.

Can we draw the conclusion that if your job is dangerous to the point of adrenaline 9-5, you can enjoy a stress free lifestyle? ...and happiness, let's not forget that...and as the report points out that Librarians have poor psychological health...I guess I can assume my husband and daughter are Psychologically Healthy...

So, the bottom line...maybe we need to completely automate libraries...maybe with R2D2 type robots...

I couldn't leave without sharing this video...click here if embedded disabled.

No comments: