6.28.2007

Which Came First?

So this evening I called Girl Who Forgets Her Name from the parking lot of Taco Hell (not because I was eating there but because Beautiful Girl requested Chalupas before soccer practice and couldn't wait for me to cook dinner in the time between leaving the day job and her report time)...

An interesting moment happened and I needed someone to bounce the moment off of to create clarity in my own mind...thus the call to Girl...

I drove through the drive-thru and per habit more than lack of crisp bills handed the Taco Hell Chick my debit Mastercard, and the exact moment she touched the card the thought surfaced that she was going to overcharge my card...the thought was prompting enough for me to try to stop her; however she was quick, slamming the little window door closed, and not paying attention, even though I honked...

Several minutes of me tossing the idea through my head that the outcome couldn't possibly be as I imagined because isn't there a built in exact amount default or somesuch? and absolutely knowing that she was going to overcharge my card was followed by her opening the little window and saying, "I am so sorry."

Yes...she did...although she could have as easily been apologizing for running out of beef because she still hadn't explained what she was "So, so SORRY for..."

I wasn't too impressed by her need to apologize a dozen times, fearing now that the amount she charged may have been over my available balance which would lead to an overdraft...

"How much did you overcharge my card?"

Her jaw dropped followed by, "This has never happened before...really, I am so, so sorry."

still waiting...how much? I was relieved that it was only $56. too much, not enough to overdraft....but still... this was the exchange that led to the phone call in which I asked Girl, "So did she overcharge my card because I manifest the outcome with my thought? Or, was the premonition a warning?"

Girl thinks it could be either, or a combination of both that we could debate for eternity and still not have an answer...kind of like the chicken and the egg.

Still not satisfied I had the same conversation with Sir...which resulted in the same assessment...

One thing is for certain, if thoughts are that powerful...and I believe they are...think what could be accomplished...

And NO...I will not give advice on lottery numbers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, would one of those lottery numbers by any chance at all be 69? or 68 (you do me and I'll owe you one?) Signed, Forgotten Name Girl

Roxy Harte said...

Forgetful, I do love you...but no lottery numbers:) We'll talk about that other part next Friday...let me know when you have winery details