6.18.2007

Mail Call

Y sent me this email this morning....
"Hello. My name is Y. i found you through Lila Dubois. i just read your excerpt of your latest book, Sacred Revelations, and i have a question....after reading the first chapter i am dying to read that book, but i noticed it looks like it is the second book...sooooooooo should i read the other one (Sacred Secrets) first?? oh and i don't know if ...well i just want to tell you that by the end of that chapter you had me in tears..."

In answer to Y's question...Yes, Sacred Revelations is the continuing saga of Celia Brentwood and her erotic journey to self-discovery; so to start with Sacred Revelations...though possible--would be a bit confusing and to be honest--JARRING.

I believe that both reviews for Sacred Revelations said something like...not for the faint of heart, meaning, I assume, that it is a very intense, edgy...pushing boundaries read. Though I believe both reviewers if they had read Sacred Secret first would have acclimated to the world that is Celia's and not felt so overwhelmed.It is interesting to note that both reviewers also gave Sacred Revelations very high recommendations;) which I took to mean... that even though they were unsettled--they enjoyed the story.

So, please, read Sacred Secrets first if you can...and you will enjoy Sacred Revelations all the more for doing so.

And Y, thank you for sharing that I had you in tears...When I am writing, if I'm not feeling it, then what I wrote isn't engaging enough...but if I have tears rolling down my cheeks, then I know that at least someone out there will feel that emotion as well...
It is nice to know that I wrote...and you FELT...
There is no greater compliment to an author.

1 comment:

Rhian said...

what a great fan letter Rox!!