4.19.2007

The Sun Rise


So, I woke up this morning to a beautiful sunrise...
and trust me, after the cold. bleak, grey days we've had of late the sun was a welcome sight! Of course, I couldn't just be happy, lifting my face to collect the warmth...I had to start worrying about the planet and wondering why...after three decades of sitting and thinking about other sources of fuel...we as a nation...and I will use we because it takes many people to embrace change to make it happen on a national or global level...why are we still sitting and thinking?

Have you been to the gas pump lately? Is three dollars a gallon not incentive to start thinking about alternative fuel sources?

Hello!? The sun is free. Wind is free.

Personally, I'm investigating small wind technology because out here in the middle of nowhere...there is wind to spare. Although, Sir Hotness and I are also looking into adding a greenhouse to the side of the house to harvest the additional heat it will generate...passive energy is awesome...

Okay...I'm done...
But if you want to know more:
Green Energy Ohio
US Climate Action Partnership
Ecomagination



Okay, I'm not done...
One more thought...if the students of an Arizona average age 19.5 can come together to make their campus "green" why can't we come together as cities...small towns...subdivisions...single family dwellings?

Anyway, I'm trying to stay off the soapbox, because I can get a little carried away...but I also want to know...does anyone out there besides me think about this stuff?

No comments: