2.09.2007

Edits

There is a day that most writers love ... the day the edits arrive for their Manuscript, putting them one step closer to publication. I'm not one of those writers ...

I dread edits ... so, today I plunged in not quite with both feet but with a skeptical toe dip into the thoughts and reactions of my editor ... and to be honest, Sacred Revelations was pretty clean ... aside from modifier misusage and comma misusage ... I apologize publically to my editor who makes diligent corrections and doesn't complain ... and in this book, there was also a fair amount of French translations ... thank god SHE speaks two languages because I don't and it was only with the aide of Beautiful Girl and her second year french text that I did as well as I did ... sorry, sidetrack ...

back to the skeptical toe dip ... I scrolled, seeking comments ... and scrolled (still looking because with Sacred Secrets, my editors comments held valuable insight into what I was trying to say ...but failed miserably at saying, but with her guidance became intellibible) ...

Halleiluia .... finally ... a comment!
Darn, another misplaced modifier... but then I don't have to go very far to get this comment:

"You haven’t used this term correctly and I’m not sure what you mean here…"

Funny, me either ... in reference to what I wanted to describe ... the view of Garrett's face as seen framed between Celia's legs as he was going down on her... it just didn't come across very well ... so I'll have to rethink that a bit ...

then, back to looking for helpful commments ... insight into the minds of my characters from another's pov ... then finally on page 122 another comment:

" Fuuuuuuuuck. Seriously. This whole scene and the one before... Damn! "

I translate that to mean -- she likes it :) Not exactly character insight but my stroked ego is feeling much better about Sacred Revelations ...

I'm still not ready to dive into the edts with both feet ... I think I'll keep scrolling for comments because I know I have two unresolved issues in my head and I need to know if they became unresolved issues in my editors head ...

Ah, hell, EDITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw in a note she wants this back by Feb. 18th ... so much for just dipping in my big toe!!
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Rhian said...

Heyya Rox - I just finished Sacred Secrets. It grabbed me right from the get go and didn't let go until i finished it early this morning. (I had a major tantrum when my Palm battery died and I had to take a break in order to recharge the damn thing!) What a fantastic story and what an incredibly gifted writer you are. No - not sucking up - i mean it. The important question - when the hell is the NEXT story coming out?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxy.

Just passing through your great blog site and wanted to say hello "writer of extremely sexy stuff." Look at the time the other comment was made, and look at mine. I'd definitely say we're the late-niters.

Smile.

Alexi Sanchez

Darragha! said...

Oh, Roxy...you continue to amuse me. Painting cats...let's!

Darr

Pamela Tyner said...

LOL at: "Fuuuuuuuuck. Seriously. This whole scene and the one before... Damn!"

Yes, I would have also translated that to mean she likes it! Don't you love it when that happens :)