1.09.2007

You're Dating?

I'VE MANAGED TO MAKE THE ROUNDS OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS WITH THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ... AND THE STANDARD REACTION IS ... "YOU'RE DATING SOMEONE?"

Ahhhh...Yeah... Roxy Dates...Duh. It's not ALWAYS about whips and chains...
And...
Yes, Roxy Harte is getting married. And YES...we've only been dating 2 months!

For those of you who know me very well, this is most unexpected, because to say I'm jaded is an understatement...well, that and I said over and over and over that if it didn't work with the last guy, I was changing teams full time.

So, obviously I didn't change teams full time...

The announcement was worth it just in the entertainment value of the reactions...
The ex-husband, "Wow...that's soon. I mean, wow...that's really soon."
The middle daughter, "I knew you went insane but this is proof that you need locked up in a mental ward." (hmmm...restraints, straight jackets, electrical shock...that might be a little too much fun. I might not want to leave.)
The friend who sent me this video with the question, "So, really, DO YOU KNOW HIM well enough for this?"

I know him well enough to know that he has all the important equipment and he REALLY knows how to use it...you know, nipple clamps, rope, assorted gadgets **grins**

But yes, it's a shock to those who loved me best when I was jaded, sarcastic, and hated most men...unless they were licking my boots or other important parts. In response to the myriad of,"what happened??" questions...

I never expected to laugh again, not for real...I'd been faking laughter for years and no one had caught on...so why risk trying it for real? Then I met R and within two minutes of hello I was laughing so hard tears were running down my face. The first time we were actually alone, I took a call, did what I do, responded with the proper tone inflection at the proper response times and even threw in a giggle or two for good measure. Hanging up, R asked, "What was that?" I said, "What?" He said, "The performance." And I started to cry because no one has ever seen through me before...and you have to realize that at one time I was married for fifteen years and even he didn't see the real me.

So I admitted to R how truly miserable I'd become over the years...wearing mask on top of mask until not even I was sure who I was anymore and R made me promise that I'd never fake it with him. That we'd only have one hundred percent real between us. And strangely, it's the easiest thing I've ever done. Beause he can honestly accept me for who I am. That's why, after only two months, I am marrying R. He lets me be real even when it isn't pretty to do so...

I fell in love.
Wow.
Something Roxy never expected.

I love you, baby...Thanks for finding me.

2 comments:

Lila Dubois said...

OMG. I am totally tearing up.

This is like the sweetest thing ever.

Though I feel bad for Sir New Hotness that you are marrying this 'R' person.

Poor Sir New Hotness.

Roxy Harte said...

Okay Lila, Not to panic...R is the Sir New Hotness...we're kind of on a first initial basis now that we're engaged...
well, that, and the intensity of our orgasms reduce us to single syllables...