12.27.2006

Post Holidays...What's on my mind?

I've given myself until the 31st as my deadline for Sacred Revelations...5 days, 20000 words to finish it...

Post holidays...I have the same thoughts as everyone else: can I pay my bills with what's left post holiday shopping madness? is it too early to take the tree down? am I fat?

I've watched two obscure movies in as many days...both about families more entertaining than mine, though similar to mine in that they are tragically, humorously disfunctional...

Little Miss Sunshine
Running With Scissors

Both movies were laugh out loud funny, I'd watch them both again, and at some point their DVD's will make it into my collection...so they must have been okay...although, Little Miss Sunshine wasn't the most memorable and I wonder if this time next week, I'll even remember who played in it...except for Paul Dano, his performance as the teen who took a vow of silence was stellar.

My thouhts on Running with Scissors is a bit more complex...loved the cast, but then with a line-up of Annette Benning, Joseph Feinnes, Joseph Cross, Alec Baldwin, Jill Clayborn, Evan Rachel Wood, Brian Cox, and Gwenyth Paltrow...who wouldn't love the cast? not that the cast helped box office sales and that is sad...manic-depressionion, lesbians, gay men, oppressed rage, released rage, jealousy, freedom of expression... Where did it all lead? I'm still trying to figure that out and so have gone in search of the book because as wickedly funny and poignant and totallyschizofrenic as the movie was, I assume the Memoir will be better.

And for Lila who asked what New Hotness got me for Christmas...you wouldn't believe me even if I told you...so I'll wait and surprise you when I release my own Memoir!And so you won't be too disappointed, here is a glimpse of the man...they say the eyes are the window to one's soul...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not going to tell me?

WHAT?

WHAT?!?!?

So lame Roxy... so lame.