9.24.2010

Vow of Silence Delay...

It's official, the release date for Vow of Silence is going to be delayed.
I know, I hear you moaning...
I'm moaning.

It just can't be helped. My original deadline for completion was Oct 1 and I just wasn't comfortable with the story, or the characters...

So I asked for an extension (time for me to whip this story into shape) and sought the guidance of my beloved critique partner, Xandra Gregory, who was more than happy to rip it into shreds for me:) The result was that she told me exactly what I've been feeling all along...and whether my fans like it or not...the story has to say what the story has to say.

Here's the thing. I do read all the comments on blogs about my stories and my characters and I take the criticism to heart. No one likes to hear that a reader hated a particular story - or story line - but I can't write the story a few readers think they want to read.

I have to write the story my characters want me to tell...

And I was trying to write what I thought my readers want to read.

Rip, rip, rip.
That's the sound of the ms being shredded.

And now I'm ready to write the real story...

No comments: