11.17.2009

For Liberty and Justice For All...

Today I’m supposed to be posting about my new release, Prodigal Slave, and I’ll get to that, but first I want to draw your attention to a ten year old boy in Arkansas who is refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance in his classroom because of one sentence: “For Liberty and Justice for all.”

I’m not even certain I knew what that sentence fully meant when I was ten and here there is a kid exercising his write of freedom of speech or for him, refusing to speak, because he feels gays in America do not have liberty or justice in the US. You can read more here.

I’m bringing this article to your attention because the ideal behind the boy’s stance needs more attention than my book release. You know, it’s a funny thing. When I started writing my first book a dozen years ago, I pitched it to an editor…and basically said there’s a gay couple, a bisexual couple, and a transgender…want it? Yeah, I was laughed out of the one on one…but here we are so many years later and gay erotic romance tops the eBook charts month after month as best sellers. I have to think that in our own way erotic romance writers are helping to open more people’s minds to sexual orientation, diversity, and equality, and that soon, very soon, attitudes in America will shift. Gay marriage will be recognized in all fifty states…

In the meantime, I’m gonna keep doing my part by writing really sexy stories that will challenge peoples boundaries, make them question their core beliefs…and hope that Liberty and Justice For All will become a reality.


And now, I can express my excitement about Prodigal Slaves release!
I’m excited that Prodigal Slave is finally seeing publication! This was always a book of the heart. And it’s been collecting dust on my hard drive for almost as long as I’ve been writing. In 1998 my critique group started calling it “The Red Corset” story…

It started with a question: What if?
What if a recently divorced mother of twin girls…a professional/soccer mom…was suddenly confronted with her past when her “Master” summons her home?

I know why I wrote the book…on some subconscious level I was struggling with being a mom, being different (bisexual), being kinky…and how can I be two people…never really showing the truth. Writing the story triggered a lot of emotional response, and made me question whether keeping my sexual identity of from children was a good idea. Lying is never a good idea. I’m not sure if writing the book I became strong enough to be completely honest with my children or whether being completely honest with my children helped me to write this book. I do know I am a better person for this story. My relationship with my children is stronger.

I love this book and it will always have a special place in my heart…I hope you love this book too. Let me know at roxyharte at gmail dot com.

Here’s the blurb:
Recently divorced paralegal extraordinaire and soccer mom, Charlotte Sullivan, has a secret past life that has just returned to haunt her in the form of a red bustier that arrives perfectly gift wrapped in time for her birthday. With it is a summons from her once Master Francois Rene de Hart, “Come to me.”

With her twin teenage daughters in Europe for the summer with her parents, she finds herself with the perfect opportunity to relive her youth with a man she once loved, but can her heart survive the temptation of the man a second time around? Pure lust awaits a mere train ride away but does she dare make the journey she fears may break more than her heart this second time around?

Added surprise awaits when she meets her Master’s lover Pierre-Louis and discovers she can only be truly reunited with her Master if she learns to love the other man.

Read an Excerpt?
And of course you can buy it today:)

No comments: