6.23.2009

PRODIGAL SLAVE Coming Soon to LSB!


Whew! Signed the contract, filled out the cover art form...

I am sooo excited to announce that Prodigal Slave is coming to LSB!

I can't even tell you how long I have been working on this book...years...forever it was known only as The Red Corset Story because it began as a short story, evolved into a novella, and just kept growing. It is at 45K right now but after edits I can assume it will be 50K. I always add more during edits...

Here is the quick blurb:

Prodigal Slave
by Roxy Harte
45k BDSM, M/F, M/M, MMF Rom

Recently divorced paralegal extraordinaire and soccer mom, Charlotte Sullivan, has a secret past life that has just returned to haunt her in the form of a red bustier that arrives perfectly gift wrapped in time for her birthday. With it is a summons from her once Master Francois Rene de Hart, “Come to me.”

With her twin teenage daughters in Europe for the summer with her parents, she finds herself with the perfect opportunity to relive her youth with a man she once loved, but can her heart survive the temptation of the man a second time around? Pure lust awaits a mere train ride away but does she dare make a journey that she fears may break more than her heart this second time around?

Added surprise awaits when she meets Francois’s lover Pierre-Louis and discovers she can only be truly reunited with her Master if she learns to love the other man.

I'm not sure why I love this book so much, or the characters, but it probably has to do with where I was in my life when it began. I was starting over after a marriage of fifteen years and wanted to rediscover who I really was after what I was seeing as my mispent youth trying to be something I wasn't. I wanted time back, I started longing for all of the "what might have beens" if I had just followed a different path...

With Prodigal Slave, I allowed Charlotte to revisit her past by returning to her Master, a man she left when she married a man she hoped to find "normal" with. House, Dog, picket fence, 2.5 children...and she was happy...she loved her life. Post-divorce, after her teen daughter's graduation from high school and the impending empty nest...she started to realize how hum-drum and sexless her normal life had become.

And then her Master of two decades before summoned her, calling her the slave name he'd given her so long ago: Cassiopeia.

And if that wasn't enough of a world shaker...
I had to add in her Master's other lover: Pierre-Louis.

I loved writing this story. It's real life, not fantasy. It explores what happens when you are both a loving mother...and a kinky, sensual woman...trying to keep your life separated into nice tidy compartments...and all that emotion that comes to the surface when your worlds suddenly collide and you can't just hide the truth any more.

I hope all of my readers love reading this story as much as I loved writing it.

No comments: