4.06.2009

Welcome Spring Party

The photo is from the back porch...I could have titled this post, why I hate spring in Ohio...

We had a BEAUTIFUL weekend, warm (mid-sixties) sunny skies...

...and today sucks. I will say it again. TODAY SUCKS. The furnace is back on, it is raining, sleeting, and snow flurrying. I don't know what the official temperature is because I don't want to know. Too cold and gray and dreary...and...actually, it's so awful, I don't even want to talk about it.

The dogs are in their little indoor doggie dens (ie shrouded kennel cages) snoring in front of the fireplace...

The cats are hidden under various couches, also snoring...

And I am not writing...
I don't have a n excuse other than I am pissed off about the weather... writers are fickle what can I say.


So, Naughty Guy is officially the hero for the weekend...
He sent Brooklyn Brewery Black Ops.

The back of the bottle reads...

"Brooklyn Black Ops does not exist. However, if it did exist, it would be a robust stout concocted by the Brooklyn Brewery under cover of secrecy and hidden from everyone else in the brewery. Supposedly "Black Ops" was aged four months in bourbon barrels, bottled flat, and refermented with Champagne yeast, creating big chocolate and and coffee flavors with a rich unpinning of vanilla-like oak notes. They say there are only a thousand cases. We have no idea what they are talking about."

I love this stout--or would--if it existed.


Sir Hotness found an amazingly rare beer (at least in these parts) that everyone was ooing and ahing over...


The Stone Breweries occasionally release a Belgium Style Triple Ale in conjunction with Ale Smith Brewing and Mikkeller Brewing...
The logo has all three brewerie names and the logo reads:
Triple the Breweries,
Triple the Brewmasters,
Triple the beer...

I think my favorite was Rogue's Double Dead Guy Ale. It comes in a red bottle and its yummy, so all the others may have been rarer or hard to obtain, but I still love the dead guy...I wouldn't turn down a Black Ops though...just saying.



There were a plethora of IPA's, double hopped IPA's, a HIPA, a home brew chocolate stout and a cazillion others too numerous to list...it was a fun party...so fun we didn't even get to the mixed drinks...so we're saving up for a welcome summer party:)

No comments: