2.21.2009

Fingerprint Login...

I wasn't expecting today to be an especially wonderful day...
It was dreary and snowy, which meant I wanted to sit in front of the computer and write all day; but that seemed pretty selfish, seeing that my hubby was home following a week long business trip and is leaving for another trip on Monday. So when he said, "Lets go prowl around," which means lets go out in the cold and find something to do...I wasn't terribly excited.

He drove straight to BestBuy because he needed another (yes, another) external hard-drive, not because his was broken but because it was getting full...

He bought me a present while he was there :)
A bright and shiny (yes, shiny) laptop!
Of course I had to tell him that my old laptop was perfectly fine (slightly unstable, but fine when the icons aren't blinking...), I had to tell him that I was emotionally attached to my old computer and since it was officially still alive I'd have a hard time separating from it (he promised me we'd find it a good home), and then I had to explain my buyers pre-morse (I don't wait until I buy something to regret it...I regret it before I ever pull out my debit card...I save a ton of money that way and hardly ever actually swipe my card for anything.)
He said it was a present...
Saying no to a present would be wrong, right?
I am so excited now that it is out of the box...
  • It's shiny (I know, I said that all ready) I think the color is platinum, he says gun-metal...it's beautiful...
  • It has a finger-print security scanner (I know, I was like, "Why do I need that? It's not like I'll ever use it. Wrong! Do you know how many sites need log-ins and passwords? And how much time it takes to type that info in over and over again? Well no more. I slide my fingerprint and go! How awesome is that?)
  • It has a lighted key board. (Seriously, this computer was made with me in mind. I write in the dark every night. I swear it's making me blind. A lighted keyboard is a miracle.)
  • It's the perfect size. 13" screen. I can take this baby everywhere.

Of course, I've already broken it in. Two thousand words on the latest WIP!

Did I say that I am very excited?

I have the best honey-bunny ever...it isn't even my birthday...he is sooooooooooooo getting an unforgettable night tonight. *wink*

No comments: