1.22.2009

Vampires In My Life...

No, don't get too excited..I'm not leaving BDSM erotica to write about ice cold men with fangs...
I'm talking more along the lines of personal energy vampires; people who come into your life just to suck you dry...

I am like the freshest juiciest morsel to anyone in a three state vicinity...I think it has to do with the fact that I'm a Reiki Master...I purposely send positive energy out...and end up drawing a lot of negative, needy people in...

My first dom handed me a book once about energy vampires and said, "read it." I did, I had no idea why he had given me the book...he asked, "How many people in your life are sucking you dry?"

I still didn't get it; he had to explain it to me and started naming names until I "got it."
I worked really hard to get control over the people in my life. Of course, back then...every time I allowed someone to take a little too much advantage of me...I was punished. Spanked. OTK...

I'm really not sure how that was incentive...lol.

I realized today, a decade later, that my life is being tromped on, my energy stores are drying up...it's not to the point that it was before...I've caught it in time...I'm taking control over the part of what makes me lovable and "me", the part of me that gives, gives, gives; nurtures, nurtures, nurtures...and saying, enough.

I'm saying no again to anyone and everyone who is sucking me dry...
But anyone who wants to send some positive energy my way...feel free...I need it!

I'm hard at work on Voyeur's sequel : Edge. At 33K goal 50K.
Ditto for my short story: working title Tied-Up. At 12K goal 24K.
Ditto for the long ass, never ending novel: Lovers. At 88K goal 100K.

**Side note: the coyotes are serenading tonight on full tilt! Spring must be in the air because it sounds like a lot of horny hounds in my back forty...

1 comment:

Rhonda L. Jones said...

Here ya go, Roxy! Positive energy...I hope you can feel it. I'm just the opposite. I've been so guarded against the energy vamps that I need to open up a bit and let in the right people.

Good luck on the new ms!

Rhonda