11.09.2008

I'm An Addict...

I never understood my dad's fascination with cigarettes...he was a hard core smoker and smoking advocate until his death (which was directly attributed to the cause of smoking.) Almost every photo of my dad has him holding a cigarette. I always said, "If I knew something was going to kill me...I'd be smart enough not to do it."

Wow...that was naive...

Older and wiser, I'm beginning to see that it isn't always that cut and dry.

No, I don't smoke, but I am trying to give up another habit that although not as bad for me, still annoys the crap out of me that I just can't let it go...

Pepsi.

I've been trying to give up Pepsi since last Spring (when I announced that I was going on a diet...which is now referred to as the "failed diet".) And I give myself credit...I used to be a case a day girl (don't roll your eyes...its true) and I've whittled down to one icy cold can of joy every morning. I just can't let go of that one can...

My day just can't begin until I feel that first burning fizz slide rapturously down my throat...

My failure is a mockery of all the times I gave my dad a hard time for cutting back to one cigarette a day but being unable to just QUIT. And then stress would flair up and he'd be right back to three packs a day...

I'm trying to make peace with my addiction.
It's only one Pepsi, right?

1 comment:

Y said...

i am sure your one pepsi a day is not as bad as my pot of coffee a day.
Hiya Roxy! Hope you are having a good weekend!