10.27.2008

On Vacation This Week

I've given my brain permission to be on vaca all week. I refuse to write, think about plots, character development, arcs, revisions or edits.

Why? It sounded like insanity to me as well when Sir Hotness first proposed the idea...but he is home. HOME. Yay. And I demanded no work for him, as in, I am OUT OF THE OFFICE BOTHER SOMEONE ELSE...

So it seems fair that if he is on vaca that I be on vaca at the same time. Right? I may go insane but I will endeavor to obey the rules...

I did stipulate that I must blog. I must. I MUST!
So blogging is it. Quick blogs. Hopefully I will remain entertaining...

Yesterday we scoped out John Bryan State Park...they have 35 foot high rock...totally boring and unacceptable by Sir Hotness standards, but after batting my eyes and convincing him that we must start small he agreed that since it will be a first climb for me that small is probably good...

35 feet.
sigh.
He promises that I will get over my fear of heights...

So, you are probably wondering how long I am going to bore you with this trivial information from my life...where's the sex???? I'll get to it...

It's just rock is all I have on my mind right now. I am totally obsessed...
And I am told that it is possible to have sex, fully harnessed on the side of a cliff...something to look forward to.

You know, my major thought as we hiked three miles today to get to where the bolts were anchored into the ridge were..."What if I get half-way up and have to pee?" I mean this seems like a fairly major problem...

Another problem for me...today and tomorrow we were supposed to be camping...but that was before the weather report announced thirty degrees...Beautiful Girl suggested setting up the tent in the middle of the living room next to the fireplace so that we could still feel like we were on vacation...

I thought it was a marvelous idea...
She is my daughter;)

Sir Hotness was not convinced...so we're going to wait for a warmer dayto actually camp out...maybe Thursday. in the meantime we are checking out Urban Krag in Dayton, maybe do some climbing lessons in a gym setting before he drags me out to a real cliff. He really wants to climb Red River Gorge next summer because that is where he learned to climb with Tom Fyffe (who with "crew" bolted and first ascended a route named Fuzzy Under Cling (named after the bat who was hidden in a hole) ) S.H. claims Tom took him under his wing and taught him to climb ... and he actually got to hang out with Porter Jarrad and drink a few beers with him and his dog Poochie...so the place has good memories for him.

About this pic...it was one of the original taken of Fuzzy Undercling and tacken from an old "Rock and Ice" cover...and Sir Hotness assures me that guys really did climb barefoot on occasion and butt-ass naked for a really good time...No, you will not catch me climbing naked...I value my skin too much and we are talking about rocky cliffs.

Red River Gorge has cliffs about 85-90 ft and is famous for KY's Natural Bridge (which I actually took the tourist trail up to a few years ago...and holy shit that's high up!)

So I'm shaking with fear but soooo excited.
And adrenaline rushes make for great sex so...I'm game.

Maybe tomorrow I can share a sexy excerpt...
But no promises for Wednesday...I'll probably be talking about climbing again because I am TOTALLY OBSESSED!

No comments: