9.12.2008

Declare Yourself...

*photo by Mark Liddel for Declare Yourself
I love the new Jessica Alba Ad which was so BDSM inspired that I had to do a double take to see just who was wrapped up and in essence says, "Only you can Silence yourself."
I love the fact that our media not only exploits sex but is also now racing to more and more extreme and kinkier sex for marketing because it means that kink is going mainstream and if kink goes mainstream then it is only time before kinky erotica goes mainstream...
Which is evidenced by the release of "Playing" which I found, read, didn't fall madly in love with but became an avid fan of the author and will look for hopefully similar releases in the future. Seriously her writing is amazing in the fact that it explores the psychological aspects of BDSM (which if you've read my writing, you know I am all about)
Anyway, I digressed...
Declare Yourself is meant a place to help get people registered to vote, not a place to come out of the kinky closet. Which I am all about... (Yes, come out of the kinky closet, but also get registered...)
It really is as easy as going to your local Bureau of Motor Vehicles...County Office...or online at either DY or Rock the Vote.

We really can change the country but we have to have our voices heard.

Personally, I wish there was a third candidate...but I'm stuck with that horrible task of choosing the lesser of two evils just as everyone else is in this country this round...

Funny NPR story today though...interviewer went to a supermarket parking lot in a (London?suburb) and interviewed the locals about our US choices and hearing my thoughts with a British accent was bizarre and they really weren't worried about offending anyone so they just stated what they perceive...it was a beautiful laugh out loud moment.

Goddess, I want to go to the U.K. ... SOON ... like now would be good. I really need a pint in a country pub where no one knows my name...
I think I'm going on a pub hunt...
I know we have The Pub up the road but it's a cute, shiny franchise and I'm really more in the mood for dark and moody...
Hmmm..they do have their sampler though...
Anyone for a Speckled Hen?

No comments: