5.14.2008

I Haven't Written Anything...

Thank goodness it is raining today! Now, I can write...

After a horrible fall and freezing, never ending winter...give me an ounce of sunshine and I'm outside...including Sunday...when I was planting cabbage, broccoli, and chard in the garden...even though I was wearing a coat...yes, the winter coat...but the sun was peaking around the clouds on occasion, so I was game.

Monday...full on sunshine and I was out side wallowing in it...but it was chilly so I wore long sleeves. Tuesday...more of the same...bright beautiful sunshine and chilly...until about eleven am and then the long sleeve shirt came off, leaving me in a camisole...

Now, I know that I shouldn't do that...
Fair skin and freckles hate sunshine...
But it was just for a few minutes while I planted some perennials in the newly defined "bird-watching" garden...at one pm I went inside for a drink and hating it put on the long sleeves and straw hat...because yes, I really do know better...

I was too late...
I am officially sun burnt over 30% of my body...

I warned Sir Hotness when he married me...keep me out of the sun...cause it isn't a pretty sight...I think he's starting to understand...now. He was out all day in a tank top (ten am to 6pm) and...you guessed it...tanned. No red, no pain, definitely no blisters...

I wish I could say the same...
We made an emergency run to the pharmacy before they closed for aloe...the kind with pain relief...so as long as I didn't move a muscle, I could fall asleep...

Today it's raining...cloudy, light drizzle...thank goddess...and I will be planting the rest of my garden, today...in the rain...because it will be awhile before I'm ready to face the sun again...

And for the next few days, I'm going to catch up on my writing...whew...it's probably a good thing I live in Ohio and only have about three pleasantly sunny months a year...

1 comment:

Y said...

my hubby is the same. he never tans, just burns. not the kind of burn that fades into a tan either. just burn.
I love gardening....I just haven't been able to find time. I have a back yard now, so I am hoping to have a great garden.