3.25.2008

Whew...Survived the Weekend

Friends from KY came and spent the weekend with us...Yesterday, I should have been recovering but I took one look around the house and decided it was a cleaning day. So, today I'm recovering from the weekend and yesterday's over-ambitious jump on spring cleaning.

It's a big house, not a one day job...and one I'm not finishing today...but I will finish stripping the floors which took a huge part of yesterday and I ran out of steam before I was done. Sir Hotness resorted to calling me Cinderella...must have been the scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees part...must have also been an erotic image because it got results;)

Today seems quiet and lonely by comparison, having extra people in the house there's always someone to talk to...having an extra puppy in the house, Jazzi was entertained too...so yesterday and today she has whined for her missing friend all day...lovely, just lovely. I give her toys as a distraction but that only works as long as I'm playing too. I had no idea I had such a needy puppy...

I will be so glad when the weather cooperates and we can put up a privacy fence in the back yard. I think having her outside for part of the day...running, jumping, digging...you know, dog stuff...will be a relief for both of us.

Yesterday I started a diet...I have no idea how this is going to go...I haven't worried about my weight for years...although from my twenties I know how diets work and then I managed to maintain between 108 and 112...but I'm a far cry from that now. Seems my thirties found me ranging between 125 and 140, depending on my happiness level...for me, the unhappier I get, the thinner I get...and vice versa...because right now, I am both the happiest and the heaviest that I've ever been. Yikes!

The problem for me is that I don't feel that I'm unattractive...even at my new bigger me size...until I think about the bikini in the drawer and am I brave enough to put it on? Nope, not happening...

That's when I decided a diet was in order.
I've always had huge success with the low-carb diet...even before it was called Adkins...and attempted starting it yesterday...but that didn't work so well...because two swallows of Pepsi put me over my carb level for the entire day...
Ditto for this morning...half a Pepsi and my hopes of low carb success is out the window...

I have a horrible Pepsi addiction...and I don't even think it's because of the caffeine...it's the carbonation for me. I love that bubbling fizz as it scorches the back of my throat first thing in the morning. It's orgasmic. Kind of like shots of whisky...

Hmmm....
No, I don't think substituting shots of whisky for my Pepsi addiction is a good idea...even though whisky has zero carbs...ZERO...ah, no, really shouldn't do it...

Very tempting though...

Yesterday, even with my Pepsi failure...I managed a two pound deduction today am from yesterday am...if I can maintain that...I'll say I'm having success...

However, if I find myself struggling, I may just have to go to the liquor store;)

1 comment:

Y said...

the pepsi thing...my husband was the same way with Coke. He shook the "carb" (lol, carbonation)habit by some juice with club soda. worked for him and he lost 12 lbs from just droppin the coke. don't know if that would help you, but thought i would mention it.
I really need to jump into some spring cleanin...but... I DON'T WANNA!!!!!!!!
*ugh* oh well. have to anyway it just gets worse as the days go by.