3.07.2008

Make My Day...

Six a.m. and I'm awakened by squeaking downstairs...
The puppy calleth.

And ONLY because I really want to get this girl house-broken do I even think about stumbling down the stairs at this ungodly hour. Yes, when I was a member of the time-clock punching world...I did so every day. Millions of people are awake by this hour...
I'm not one of those who want to be...

Why? Other than I am not a morning person?
I have insane insomnia...if I'm asleep, leave me the F alone because I will not be able to fall back asleep if you wake me up...
and...
I write LATE...some mornings I'm falling into bed at six a.m. but luckily (or now that I think about it...unluckily) I fell asleep early, somewhere around three, and let me just say that two to three hours suck. One hour fine. Four hours fine. There is just something about getting two to three that kills me...headache, stomach ache, rage...

I am soooo not a morning person but wake me up between that two and three mark and ...I'm just saying...you better duck and run.

Good thing the puppy is ADORABLE.
She took some of the sting out...
Sir Hotness, having been home only a few hours didn't fair as well...he was the closest target and I know he wasn't expecting to get barked at (not by the puppy) at six a.m..

Yes, I married a MORNING PERSON...oh god, what was I thinking? Yeah, yeah, I know...he's ADORABLE too;)

So I'll keep the puppy and Sir Hotness...but I'm still not happy about being awake.
* * * *
Oooo, there was a really nice thing to wake up to this morning however.

In one of my comment boxes, I had a new comment...from Justin Gustainis. You may remember that I was reading his book, Black Magic Woman, a while back...and desperately seeking The Hades Project at the local B&N...although I did not realize until it was mentioned in my comment box, "...has a secondary character who's a combination dominatrix/black sorceress. We get to see her at work in both her "professions." "

Can I just say I am now over the top excited?

Two reasons...
First, the obvious...BDSM get the word out...need more on the shelves...esp my books...hello?
Second, because I have been collaborating with a friend to combine BDSM and Sex Magic. Can't wait to see what he did there:) and still unsure, although I have the story started that I want to follow through, at least maybe not as Roxy, because as Roxy I want to promote BDSM and polyamory in its purest form, emphacizing the safe, sane, sensual aspects although granted I do often show what happens when things go terribly wrong. I am not 100% certain that I want to cross over into paranormal aspects with my BDSM although several other writers are and doing it well. I think this one will stay on my desktop for awhile, teasing me.

As far as Black Magic Woman goes ... thrilled Mr. Gustainis asked ... I was surprisingly pleased. Surprised because so much that is Vampire/Witchcraft on the market seems so drizzled in sickening fluff...it's just too sticky sweet. I can't say that about BMW because with it there is an intense honesty that keeps the story direct, fresh, and edgy. I loved the voodoo element (although I'm not certain African witchcraft is considered voodoo if it doesn't pass through the Caribbean first). It is a great start to a new paranormal detective series that I think readers will be waiting with baited breath for the release date of it's second (I know I am.)

Nice...Amazon has 24hr ordering...so even at the ungodly hour of 6a.m. I can order up...Yay.

I also ordered You Are Free by Cat Power...take a listen if you want...samples online.
* * * * *
Now to decide what to do next...sleep is not an option...
I guess I'll write;)

No comments: