2.13.2008

The Cupid and Psyche Awards is Coming ...

The Romance Studio is celebrating their fifth annual Cupid and Psyche Awards (CAPA) for excellence in romantic fiction will be held on Thursday, February 14, 2008 so be sure to stop by their blog tomorrow between 9 AM EST until 5:30 PM EST. Not only will an award be announced every thirty minutes, there will also be great prizes given away to readers who stop by the blog. One of the prizes will be one of my ebooks ... yay ... and lots of other really awesome authors are going to be giving away their books as well ... double yay.

Okay, now, curbing my enthusiasm after that very commercial moment...
And as if any of us need reminding that tomorrow is supposed to be the MOST ROMANTIC DAY of the year, let me just say that even though I am jaded ... and even though I was eighteen before I actually had a boyfriend that coincided with the time during this most important day ... and even though there have been many Valentines Day's that have come and gone between that one and this year's when I didn't have a significant other to share it with ... Valentine's Day is my FAVORITE holiday.

I know, there are a million arguments that Valentine's Day is superficial and commercial and greeting card fueled...

I love it!!

A day to celebrate love and romance and passion ... how wonderful is that?
Even on years when I was alone (and lonely) I managed to celebrate the day in a romance filled way whether it was wining and dining myself at a too expensive restaurant, or buying myself a very sexy teddy with the intention of sharing it with the future love I knew was in my future ... does that sound mildly psychotic? LOL

Valentine's Day evolved after I had children ... because even though I didn't always have a specific someone I was romantically involved with ... I had little one's in my life who I loved to share it with ... heart shaped pancakes, heart shaped balloons, hard shaped cookies and candies and homemade valentine's day cards... teddy bears that always hold their hearts right where you can see them ...

Beautiful Girl informed me that she has a boyfriend this year and to not plan on dinner and a movie with her this year...

Sir Hotness is out of town ... as in a thousand miles away on business ... bummer ...but hopefully he will be back in town before midnight and we can at least share a kiss on the official day ...

But for all intent purposes ... I am going to be by myself ...
And yeah, I'm celebrating ...
because it is a wonderful day this day we can set aside and be oh so thankful for all those we have ever loved and for all those who we will love in the future ... and for all those people in our lives right this moment who we love desperately and for one reason or another, we can't be with them ...

Don't forget to join me here and join me at The Romance Studio tomorrow because I especially want the opportunity to say I LOVE YOU to you on this very important day of the year.

Fun Video ... song by The Format about Love

Direct Video Link

No comments: